Sunday, March 29, 2015

Life Lately: Spring things

Recently, I've ignored this here blog. I've been so busy between Henry, social commitments, and my business that this was placed on the back burner. And there have been runs! So many fun things going on, let's catch up.

We have been running. Slowly but surely, I'm rebuilding my stroller running stamina. It's not a matter of if I can handle it physically endurance wise, it's my stinking tendonitis. I have to be careful to not over do it, or else it flares up and a few weeks of resting ensues. It's so frustrating, so I am being as smart as possible. I have had to cut out yoga (downward dogs, planks and push ups are basically the worst thing ever for wrist tendonitis), so I will resumes my pilates this week. I've been bad about going to the gym, but I'm getting back to it this week. 
 Bright? Sunny? COVER?! It was really windy. Thank you NYC "spring". I thought my running jacket was retired...alas, this was from this past week!

 The one day it was crazy warm and we all ran together. It was awesome. 

We have been enjoying going out more. Henry is finally able to be in things that contain him besides a stroller (High chairs and shopping carts). This is making life SO much easier! Mr. Miller and I love going out for happy hour on Thursdays or Fridays, and now that we can put him in a high chair it's so much more fun! Henry L-O-V-E-S being in the shopping cart. He thinks he's such  big boy! And I don't have to put him in his car seat in the cart, leaving me more room to put my purchases....a dangerous thing at Target ;-)


Happy Hour Hero. Puffs are his vice.

 Yes, we have used the snow suit far too often the past few weeks. We thought it was retired. It has been temporarily reinstated.

We had Henry's church dedication! So many friends and family came out to support us and it was wonderful. We had a great time at the service and went for pizza afterwards.

Henry was in great company with lots of beautiful babies!

Baby model Henry. He's a tough cookie to smile for the big camera. Thanks Heshan! 

There are two best friends living in our house. Yes, you might think it's Mr. Miller and I (Okay two sets of best friends....) but a baby and a canine are currently all about one another. Every morning it's the same routine: I put Henry down to play, Lambeau wants to play with him, but is scared of getting his hair pulled, so he barks at him to play, I have to come and moderate....it's the same every.single.morning. I've been experimenting with making Lambeau sit and stay by me (Usually I'm doing dishes at this time to get the day started clean and clear) and when I'm done tidying up we sit together. As long as I have treats, Lambeau plays along. He may be small but his bark is loud. Woosah.
The bottom picture is mid bark. "Kid play with me! Your toys are awesome!"

I have been getting organized. In my former line of work as a teacher, I had a "pen and paper planner". Everything was written in that planner, accounting for each day, each lesson, each issue or meeting. And then the endless to-do lists in the side columns! Well, since my Rodan and Fields business is growing rapidly (Read: I have tripled my business from January to March), I decided I needed to get organized. I found this planner and it has been AMAZING. If you need to get organized, want to set weekly goals etc, get this planner. Which leads me to my next life happening....

I have extended my maternity leave another year. I will be staying home with Henry another year! We are very excited not only for this chance, but for my ability to run my own business during this "one income" time. It has been a roller coaster ride becoming a new mom, but we have found our sea legs and have loved it.

How about you? Any great spring happenings? Is your spring warmer than the frozen northeast? Do you spend every moment outside the second it gets slightly warm? TELL ME ABOUT IT!

No comments: