Monday, September 15, 2014

Postpartum Workouts: 13 Weeks

My little guy is three months old! I can't believe it. I thought I would be a lot further along in this game of "getting back to pre baby body status" at three months. I haven't been able to get a single one of my rewards from my postpartum fitness plan. Want honesty? I HAVEN'T LOST A POUND! I'm still 18lbs away from my pre baby weight. And you know what? I'm working with what I've got. I'm going to keep going, keep working at it, and earn my fitness back. My other choice is to sit and mope and stay the same, which I have no interest in. The challenge is to focus on my increased fitness, NOT my lack of numbers progress. Easier said than done, but I'm working towards it! Here's how things went this week:
Keep on going. God will guide you, He will give you the strength you need. #quotes #quotiful Create your own picture quote and download the app at www.quotiful.com 

Weekly Workouts: 13 Weeks Postpartum
  • Sunday: Ran three miles! About a mile long walk on the beach. It was a windy overcast day, but we made the best of it! I seriously love running in VA Beach, I've had the most beautiful, peaceful....and HOT runs there! 
 My hair was WILD. The tail/head winds were extreme!

 It was even windy for Lambeau to run!

My Linus baby and I. He was very cuddly. I obliged!
  • Monday: Torrential downpour, nothing. Basically we took another lazy day and watched movies.
  • Tuesday: Fitzala workout! A great circuit workout. I had to use some household items because I didn't think to pack my kettlebells. Silly me ;-)
  • Wednesday: Beach and travel day. It was the most gorgeous day, so we soaked in the morning lazing on the beach. 
Family Beach photo!
  • Thursday: Rest Day with tons of running around.  Henry has been having some reflux issues, so we spent the day at his pediatrician then an ENT. I felt exhausted but didn't feel like I got anything done!
  • Friday: Fitzala workout. Made it two out of three rounds. Henry woke up from his nap and wouldn't continue snoozing, so we called it a day! We also went to the park and did some walking with some friends.
My companions for my workouts.
  • Saturday: Walked a mile. My hamstrings were tight so I decided to take it easy. It was a rainy day so it was easy to rest with my boys. 
Summary: I want a solid schedule. Easier said than done with an infant, but I want to arrange things to ensure I get my workouts in. Now that the pool is closed, I find it harder to leave Mr. Miller & Co. because it's so nice to spend time together! We're trying to run together today to see how that goes. We both feel like we need to be more consistent; we know what to do but we need the extra OOMPH to do it more consistently!

How was your week? Did you have rainy weather for your workout? Eat anything fabulously pumpkin? Do your animals interrupt you during your workouts? TELL ME ABOUT IT!

No comments: