Monday, August 4, 2014

Postpartum Fitness Plan

The time has come. It has now been 8 long/short/wheredidthetimego weeks since my little boy entered the outside world. That means that it's time for this c-section mommy to get moving again! I have a tentative plan to get myself started on the journey back to my fit self. Total disclosure, I have 20lbs of extra Henry love that seems to be clinging to me for dear life, and I'm getting pretty tired of it. There has been an eviction notice served. Here's my plan to get to where I want to be:

Swimming:

My swim bag was packed and right where I left it last September.

I will do my best to get to the pool 2-3 times a week. Although it's close by, dragging myself away to the pool is quite a task (Usually involving driving, parking, swimming, driving, parking...it's a process.) Combine that with being a human milk dispenser, and, well, three times in a week will be admirable!

Running:

 I made it one mile without stopping!

Henry celebrated my first run without him in my belly! His BOB is a lot smoother than riding inside me...

I will do my best to run 2-3 times a week. Running, seemingly, is easier in the sense that you can throw on your sneakers and go out the door to begin. I was smiling ear to ear while I ran my mile and was SO tempted to run more but calmed my overzealous self. But I live in the real world, and running is going to be a challenge. I felt great, but I only ran a mile. I plan on making a slow and steady comeback here, avoiding injury and building endurance in a healthy way.



I won an online personal trainer subscription from Lean Green Bean! I am really excited to work with Jenni. I always shed my winter skin around April/May, combining a protein/veggie diet with exercise. I usually have had anywhere from 5-8lbs to lose. This time? No. This time it's about triple that number, and completely overwhelming to me. Having guidance and accountability is definitely going to help me. First step? No more desserts. Oreos and I are breaking up, because we were hot and heavy for a while there.


On to incentives! I plan on giving myself incentives to celebrate progress! (No they won't be Oreos...hopefully...) Here is a tentative plan:

- 8 week start! I bought myself a new workout tank from Target. Can't wait to wear it over and over and over. 

C9 by Champion® Women's Fit And Flare Tank - Assorted Colors
Aaaaaaand I see it's on sale online, so naturally I need to go buy it there...okay maybe two.

- First 10lbs: Massage! I haven't really had time to get one, so I figure that will be plenty of motivation to get me moving and stick with it.

- Next 5lbs: Go to a yoga class! I plan on doing at home work outs since I have the tools, knowledge, and online personal trainer! Going to an in person yoga class will be a nice retreat to Ohm things out.

- Last 5lbs: Some sort of girls night out/special date night. I'll have to figure out an event or something I normally wouldn't be able to go to and make it happen!

Here is what I really look like. Post run glory! I  posted a picture on Instagram a few weeks ago that made me look a lot slimmer. More on that later. Although many will say "You look great!", I don't feel great. I'm sure you can understand that feeling. I'm excited and motivated to get myself back to where I'm comfortable, healthy, and happy!


How about you? Have you faced a weight loss that intimidated you? Do you give yourself incentives? How is marathon training in this BEAUTIFUL weather?! TELL ME ABOUT IT!

No comments: