Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Week 32 Update!

What a crazy two weeks it's been! I feel like I've grown leaps and bounds in the past two weeks. I had the past week and two days off for spring break so I got to relax, organize, spend time with friends, paint my nails (party animal!), and spend some quality time with a certain puppy. It got a bit cold for a few days so we enjoyed some Today Show, coffee, and snuggles.


Energy level: I am enjoying my sleep. Not working has been interesting. I still go to sleep at the same time and wake up at the same time, but I find myself having much more peaceful sleep. Although I've been waking up every night with heartburn around 12/1am, I am able to go right back to sleep. We had some really nice weather, which got me out and excited about Spring! However, being a bit larger has made things such as laying on my back (Even just for a sonogram) and sitting on the couch are no longer okay. I find myself short of breath while sitting still...so odd!

We sneaked Lamby onto Jone's Beach! SHHHH!!! Also, Rogas are fitting REALLY well these days, perfect maternity shorts!!!

Exercise: I'm enjoying taking it easy. My friend downloaded a Couch to 5K app, so I joined her for a few runs in addition to my own exercise. It's been nice to go at my own pace. I really haven't minded transitioning to a run/walk method, it's actually very peaceful to me! No need to push the limits, just simply enjoy the outdoors and exercising with Henry.

 We visited CT this weekend and enjoyed a 3 mile hike! I got some wicked awesome tan lines too!

Cravings: Nothing in particular. However, I am eating a TON more! I feel hungry after I eat what would be a regular portion for me. Then I wait. I get more food then I wait. It's like a never ending hunger cycle!

Does craving holding babies count? Jennie Fizz helped with that craving! WHAT A CUTIE!

Weight gain: 25lbs. Yup. UP 4lbs! I was complaining about not having gained any weight in four weeks, then BAM there was all that missing weight at once! I definitely felt it too. I'm feeling larger and heavier. Henry's STATS came in today at an ultrasound! He is 4 pounds 9 ounces and is projected to be a healthy 8.5 pounds. Oh Lordy Loo Henry, lay off the cookies! ;-)

 I live in those Old Navy shirts!

 Two of my older sisters
My Boston Strong shirt BARELY fit, but it made its appearance as Henry and I cheered for an amazing race! Also I would like to be called brave because this picture is without make up. I'm so daring.

Mental status: I have eight weeks left. EEK. I'm starting to get excited, and I guess you could say nesting has taken over. I get overwhelmed at times (In a joyful unbelievable way) with the thought of "Oh my goodness we're having a baby!" Overall I'm feeling more and more prepared as we've received a large majority of our registry items, and we just have a few key furniture pieces to purchase and set up. Hopefully at the 34 week update I'll have the nursery nook ready to show! (We're sharing our one bedroom him!)

Lambeau had to adjust to the belly in the car. He finally gave up and moved to the ground. His space is already getting encroached upon!

Best advice: buy the coming home outfit in newborn and in 0-3 months. Apparently most newborn sizes are only for up to 8lbs, so that could be a bit snug for his debut outfit based on his predicted numbers! Of course my sister told me this as I was getting on the highway leaving Target...so ANOTHER trip back there. Darn.

How about you? If you had a baby, did the doctor's predictions of weight etc come close? How did you celebrate Easter? Do you have some amazing tan lines from this weekend? TELL ME ABOUT IT!

No comments: