Thursday, February 6, 2014

Pregnant Runner Thoughts II

Running with a human is, well, different. The first trimester contained VERY limited running, but that was to be expected. Now in the second trimester, nothing really changed until week 20. I know I have been slower (Don't care), and I certainly haven't had any great distances (Again, don't care....okay don't mind), but week 20 and 21 have developed some interesting changes.

The belly is getting bigger! I'm carrying fairly low.

I can't run too far from home. Mr. Miller instituted a "stay within a mile of home" rule, which I think is quite wise now. You see, there's a certain 'drinking water while running' habit that I have and continue to do...but, my bladder is not cooperating! For now, I will simply suffer through the constant urge to go while trying to enjoy my run!

I will not regretting running with a tiny bladder...as long as I remain accident free...

I've been getting some pain in my lower stomach region. This is a recent development while running or climbing a lot of stairs (Which I try to do every day at work). I did some googling and stumbled onto a blog I usually read, The Local Elite. Jen posted about the same symptoms and linked in information about round ligament pain. So, I guess my next purchase will be a support belt in the near future! (Her other thoughts and recommendations are great, check them out!)

This picture needed to make an appearance. The amount of love that I have for this commercial is slightly embarrassing...or not.

This ice situation stinks. I don't belong to a gym, so a treadmill isn't readily available. Today I took Lambeau for his first real walk all week, since the ice and cold have deterred both of us. I'm hoping things melt a bit for some weekend fun! However, with another storm looming, I'm not sure if this is possible. Thankfully my running partner has offered up her building's treadmill, so we may be running some miles together this weekend! I'm intrigued to see how it feels to run on the treadmill with a bigger belly, seeming I bang myself on one normally without the extra depth!

Scene from my commute. So pretty. So dangerous.

Here's to more weeks of running and thawing! I plan to run as long as I can, as long as I am comfortable. Baby is "The picture of health" according to our most recent anatomy scan, so get ready for the GENDER REVEAL this Saturday!!!

How about you? Are you sticking to the treadmill? Have you ever worn gear for soreness (braces etc)? Are you taking pictures of the beauty outside your window? TELL ME ABOUT IT!

No comments: