Monday, January 27, 2014

Winter Weekend Workouts!

In case you live under a rock, we're in a polar vortex. 

 I WISH I could wear a snuggie. Every. Day. Via

It's so easy to stay snuggled inside, but I had some fun sweaty plans for this weekend! My Saturday plans included two workouts, both on the Upper West Side. Commuting to the UWS from Queens TWICE in one day means a pretty serious commitment to sweat!

My first workout was at Refine Method with the bump brigade! Abby got the idea to get a few of us expecting mums to break out our inner beast mode together at her favorite studio. I was SO pleasantly surprised by it! Refine Method combined weights, plyo and resistance to give you a total body workout in which you did.not.stop.moving. HELLO active recovery! The instructor, Brynn, was great; completely encouraging, checking in with me, and keeping the class motivated! I highly recommend this studio if you're looking for a challenging workout from which you walk out with a sweaty smile.

All smiles! We held it down in the class!

In order of due date: Ashley (2 months to go!), Abby, Jenna and myself are all due in the first three weeks of June!

My second workout of the day was a Nike Training Club workout at the Museum of Natural History. Say what?!?! That's right, I got to go work out with hundreds of ladies in an amazing historic location. It was incredible to walk in and see this grand open space, and we were going to do burpees in it! Thank you Nike for an amazing NTC workout and a fun evening!

 That whale was mammoth! 

 Hundreds of ladies in pink and white doing jumping jacks under a whale. A splendid evening.

My girl Nadia and I lost in the Natural History forest! My belly looks huge here. The pants make me look a lot bigger than I am, but they're elastic waist, so they work!

It was nice to get out of the house to break up the monotony of a VERY chilly week. Sunday my workout was trying on new Old Navy maternity clothes that arrived in the mail. Putting on and taking off pants is a serious workout people. Serious.

How about you? Did you brave the elements this weekend? Are you in hibernation mode? DID YOU RUN!? (If you did, you're brave/crazy/part polar bear) Tell me about it!

No comments: