Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014: Just Do It

2013 was a great year. It really was. Looking back on this past year, I have zero regrets. I had a great time, ran a lot, spent quality time with friends, and gradually changed my lifestyle to prepare for cooking a bun in the oven! 

Who doesn't love Lambeau Puppy in Christmas jammies!?

Last year's goals were a mixed bag. The ones I achieved, like organizing my clothes/closet (On 12/30/13...), love my husband more, read three helpful books, complain less, cross train, a half marathon PR (By 1 minute...sigh) and do more speed work (aka running with faster people) were all attained. Some goals left by the wayside, like travel somewhere foreign in April (I guess Puerto Rico TECHNICALLY counts), get new dressers, and run a race in CT didn't happen. So I guess 7/10 isn't so bad! 


This year, goals take on a different lens. Instead of gunning for PR's or organizing my closet, I'll be shifting to actually pounding the pavement regularly for as long as possible and getting our one bedroom apartment baby ready. Here are a few I hope to achieve:

Fitness: 
- Workout three times a week. Since I've begun my second trimester, I have had a lot of my energy return! Granted, I've also been on vacation for two week. Working out during the school week has become virtually impossible, so I hope to meet this goal and then some! Mr. Miller decided we should try to do a mile a day, so I'm excited to have a partner in crime for January!
- Stay as active as possible until June 16. We all know staying active will help with labor and recovery, so I hope to be moving to the very end.
- Run a fall half. I won't be gunning for a PR, but I will be coming back from birthing a baby! 

I think we have some unfinished business Ashley...she's having a baby too!!! YIPPEE!

Personal:
- Arrange our bedroom to comfortably fit a baby. Thankfully we have a long bedroom, so adding some furniture pieces (Such as a new bed with built in storage to eliminate some of our dressers) will even out the total space between our things and the baby's things!
- Meal plan. It's been hard not being able to rely on a last minute turkey sandwich for work, so I'm coming up with lunches I can make in bulk for the week.
- Birth a child. You know, that's got to happen one way or another, so easy victory.

This is the bed. The drawers on a Queen bed literally are the size of the Queen bed. Huge.

Professional:
- Make it as long as possible at work! Brooklyn Queens Day is June 5, so my hope is to make it till then and the rest is gravy! 

So there you have it, 2014. I've got my work cut out for me! Happy New Year Everyone!!! 

16 weeks pregnant and partying like it's 30 to 12 last night. 

How about you? What are your goals (Link in any posts for me to catch up on!)? Do you prefer not to make them? TELL ME ABOUT IT!

No comments: