Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Ode to the End of Summer

It's been a good summer. I had tons of fun this summer, got to see some great family and friends, enjoyed the beach as much as possible, got my sweat on in many different ways, and taught some fun kids in between. Needless to say, I enjoyed myself.

Here is my ode to summer.

Summer, you were...


fun beyond belief...

filled with the best people...
 healthy and fit...
 simply delicious...
 overwhelmed with heat...
 peaceful...
 rockin with sweat...
 unmatched in creativity...

and overall, a lesson learned in the art of "Just being present".

I am glad to have had this summer. This summer was filled with so many fun memories. I loved each of them. We went to a Mumford and Sons concert this past week (EEK! That's for another post...still reeling over the incredibleness of it all...), and I loved how a band member told everyone to put their phones away and be "present in the moment". I hadn't taken my phone out once, and so glad that I continued to do so. It was my last "super fun" event of the summer, and it was amazing. I'm hoping to enter the fall confident, calm, and ready to continue being "present" and ready for the good times ahead.

I loved reading all your summer memories in my giveaway! You all shared some really great moments. Congrats Rachel M, you're the winner!!!

How about you? Do you get the summer blues? Do you prefer to be sans phone? What are you looking forward to this fall? TELL ME ABOUT IT!

No comments: