Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Fall Favorite Things!

First of all, it's the first Monday of fall (Forgot to hit post...shocking I know...)! Yea. Well. I'm exhausted, but when I see this picture I laugh. Every. Time. 

Don't worry, I know it's Tuesday. This day was JUST as in my face as Monday. Sighhhhhhhh.

It's no secret that I love this season. What's not to love?! Pumpkin everything, marathons, FINALLY drinking hot tea without wanting to die, and the return of the hoodie. I. LOVE. IT. This weekend I had the chance to do some great fall things. Here are a few of my favorite fall things:


OBVIOUSLY I need this Packers gear!!! Via

Running in the fall. It's the PERFECT season to get those miles in. I got the chance to check out a trail with my sister. She's training for her first marathon...a TRAIL marathon! GO COACH JEN!

We ran a great trail in Vernon, CT. It was so secluded we couldn't get a picture together!

Picking apples! I honestly ran out of time to pick my own...hopefully they will still be in season when I go to cheer on Ashley at the Hartford Marathon in October! I picked up a basket full of apples AND some apple fritters...aka DREAM world desserts. 

Come on foliage! You can proceed now!!!

Fall recipes!!! I LOVE cooking in the fall! SO many amazing flavors. Here are a few of my favorites:

Butternut Squash Risotto
Pumpkin Cookies
Pumpkin Pasta (Yes, this is yummy)
Apple Cookies
Slice apples. Pair with a slice of strong cheese (White sharp cheddar is divine)

How about you? Are you a fall fan? Are you having a tough week? Any races on the horizon? TELL ME ABOUT IT! 

No comments: