Friday, August 23, 2013

I worked out! A #Nike #NTC Event!

I've been in a bit of a  workout rut. Stupid minor toe surgery has done a number on me, and I'm very limited in my ability to work out! That's why I was so excited when my AMAZING friend Nadia invited me to go to an event at Nike Town last night. It was an event to pump up their fantastic App NTC. If you don't have it, get it. It's like having a personal trainer in your phone/iPad. I'm a huge fan and recommend that everyone get it! Here are some of the highlights from this great event: 

NTC shut down Nike Town early to set up the store for a late night event.


We went to the roof, where we normally do NTC on Monday nights, for a workout under the city lights!


The DJ was mixing some great songs. We got to dance and hang out as people arrived.
 Some fierce ladies from the Monday night NTC fearless crew!

I L-O-V-E the trainers that led this NTC workout! Will Arrufat and Holly Rilinger were THE. BEST. We did a series of moves, 45 seconds each, with a running holding pattern in between. We went through 12 exercises, and did two rounds of them. Because I'm still "healing" and, well, was TECHNICALLY told not to work out, I took it easy and made adjustments. Basically, if anything involved toe usage, I reverted back to squats. My legs are crying this morning. I. LOVED. IT.

A big thank you to Holly and Will for pushing us with incredible energy!

Blogger fail: No photos from the workout. Well, I was working too hard!

The after party was awesome! We immediately got to take advantage of a photo booth. Nadia, Jessica and I hammed it up for the photo booth. Best part? You could email, tweet, or text the photos to yourself!

Another DJ was spinning next to my favorite quote by Bill Bowerman.


The food was so creative! Mini margaritas and tacos, pear martinis and sushi...basically dream food and drinks!

Nadia and I got one last photo opp at the exit photo wall! We loved the bag and shirt Nike gave us, and were exhausted after dancing, sweating, and lots of smiling!


Thank you, @NikeWomen, for a memorable event. We had a great time. As always, everything was spectacular! Can't wait to continue training with NTC, Count Me In!

How about you? Have you checked out any new fitness classes lately? Are you a Nike Training Club app user? Do you have a favorite trainer? TELL ME ABOUT IT!

No comments: