Thursday, June 27, 2013

It's finally SUMMER!

School is over! As usual, the last week and a half before the school year ends is especially hectic and busy. In addition to the school insanity, I also found myself doing some really fun things to celebrate the Solstice arriving! 

We visited Connecticut! #CTforlife was amazing. We had an incredible weekend filled with sun, swimming, bonfires, hiking, and RELAXATION. Here are some of the highlights:

Best friends. It took a few years but now they are fairly tolerant of one another ;-)

We found an old bee hive while hiking! Or it was a growth on the tree. Either way, I was scared. 

 The hike was really well organized, but the waterfall was at the beginning! A nice way to begin and end a 4 mile hike. 

We've also been working out! We went back to Nike Training Club this week, and it was awesome! This week there was a DJ spinning and it was a great music selection.


Astoria had their fireworks! For some reason Astoria always does their fireworks early. It was tons of fun with some great people from our church.


School ended! I went to celebrate with some friends at Studio Square. They know how to treat teachers right!


 Some of my coworkers! We are very happy.

Summer school has started. Now, it may seem strange that I'm celebrating summer school, but I really do enjoy teaching it! I work four days a week, and half a day at that. There are smaller class sizes and more freedom with what we teach...hence my triathlete theme for the summer! We're going to learn all about the sport and log our exercise every day. I'm pretty excited to see how this turns out!
Swim bike run...these are the names of each table!

This summer is going to be great. It's already off to an amazing start, and I can't wait to let the good times roll!

How about you? Do you have summer Fridays? Have you been enjoying any outdoor fun? Do you know of any triathlon books for kids? TELL ME ABOUT IT!

No comments: