Monday, September 10, 2012

Glad Game Monday XVII

Ok, so it's been a while since I've been all "glad" on a "Monday". I haven't worked a real Monday since June; summer school don't count yo, it's a half day with half the students. So, as we were watching the Packer's game yesterday, I leaned over to Mr. Miller and said in a terrified whisper, "Ohmygosh, I have to go to work tomorrow." WHAT. IS. WITH. ME?! I'm usually good to dive right back in to work, though it may be stressful and tiring. I've been passed out on the couch most nights, exhausted, and lacking in any motivation to get MOVING running-wise. Well, this has to change. Time to get GLAD about things; time to let go of the "Monday" syndrome and reflect on the things that bring a smile to my face.


I'm glad I dragged myself off of my bed from an 11 minute nap to go to the Mets game Friday night. Here I am with some of my best girlfriends: Mrs. Anders and Mrs. Slafter:

I'm glad Mr. Miller's friends gifted us with tickets! They are the coolest girls around, I got to spend time with his workout group people, and it was a great way to end a NEVER ENDING week back to work. Loved it. Thanks ladies for the hook up!

I'm glad the "Storm of September 2012" occurred AFTER my long run. Saturday held big forecasting predictions, including hail, flooding, and tornadoes. Thankfully we only experienced ominous storm clouds and strong rain. Phew. We ate tacos, drank pumpkin beer and watched movies. Can it get more perfect than that? I submit that it can not.

I'm glad for a group of Packers fans to, er, mourn with. Unfortunately, my GB Packers did not claim victory over the San Fran 49er's this past Sunday. Fortunately, I had a group of friends to drown my sorrows with. And when I say drown my sorrows, I mean I was rungry, and this drowning included green and yellow rice crispy treats, chocolate chip cookies and pretzel Hershey kiss melts with green and yellow m&m's. Pictures? I was too busy eating :-D

I'm glad Mr. Gray forgot to wear green or gold. As a Lions fan, he balked at the requirement to wear green or gold to the party. He was unable to withstand the consequences: wearing the outfit of the host's choosing; AKA a child's shirt and Green Bay wrestling mask. We still lost. However, this picture was priceless.

What do you have to be glad about? Are you a Redskins or Broncos fan with infinite possibility? Did you enjoy the most mind blowing brunch this weekend? Complete a great run, exercise routine or race?! TELL ME ABOUT IT!

54 days until the ING NYC MARATHON!!!

5 comments:

Stephanie J. said...

I miss you! That is all.

Steph said...

Okay that's weird! ^ I am the unknown above...haha not some creeper

Stephanie J. said...

I miss you! That is all.

Karen said...

I was so bummed about the game. Not for the loss, but for what happened to my channel. It cut out just 10 minutes before the game came on and didn't return all day. The other channels? Perfectly fine. Living here in California and without cable tv, very few Packers games are aired but the game against the niners was supposed to be on. Stupid living in the middle of nowhere :P

prassanna said...


Hi there, awesome site. I thought the topics you posted on were very interesting. I tried to add your RSS to my feed reader and it a few. take a look at it, hopefully I can add you and follow.










Miles Samaratne Strategies