Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Glad Game Monday XIII

So what if I'm two days late?! It happens. I have had a pretty low key summer, until this week. Monday I had four separate events or appointments in addition to working, and then yesterday I had two, today I have three! Yippee for keeping busy! Despite feeling like I'm rushing everywhere without catching my breath, I'm choosing to be GLAD and enjoy it!

I'm glad I visited the Nike Running Store in Flatiron! Let me tell you, I L-O-V-E-D this store! From the decor to the staff, everything was pristine and vibrant. Three separate times we were invited to join the running group they have Tuesday nights. I asked a few questions about a new type of treadmill they have for gait analysis, got to know what's up with the Lunar shoe series, and they DO have lockers for the running group folks! Everyone was so nice and helpful. Can't say the same for their next door neighbor, but that's a different story for another day...certainly not for a Glad post! Example of the wall that had amazing art and design ideas: (More photos to come! If you follow me on Twitter you saw most of them.)
 I'm glad there's shirts made just for me! That's right; Miller philosophy: Chill out, Run on.
I'm glad I got one of the last FABULOUS Olympic tanks! I'm also glad they run SMALL; they only had mediums left and thankfully it looks good on me. CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH THE OPENING CEREMONIES! I'm drafting the menu! I said biscuits and tea; Mr. Miller veto'd that in exchange for fish and chips. We're going to have to find a happy medium, because I'm a non fish eater!

I'm glad the #OLYMPICS are starting! Enough said.

I'm glad week three for my teachers walk/run group was a success! I'm so proud of our group. Thunderstorms were threatening, we had to change the time to a much hotter part of the day, and they still came!!! Change takes time, commitment and community!

I'm glad I got a good deal on TONS of fruit! 4 boxes of blueberries, 3 boxes of strawberries, and 6 boxes of raspberries for $19.50! Such a good deal, they were fresh, and now in the freezer and ready for smoothies.

I'm glad I had a friend to push me to complete 75 minutes of hills yesterday! I woke up with an upset stomach, so I knew I'd have to run at night. My former running buddy agreed to meet me in the Central Park to take on every hill imaginable. She is a HEAT runner, she loves it. Me? NOPE. She pushed me and kept me going. I almost quite three times. We ran up the east side and ran three loops on the upper loop. Less miles than in my past three weeks of doing the same workout, but it was 4pm and HOT HOT HOT! 

What are you glad about this Wednesday?! Are you glad that  you got to run or catch up with a friend? Are you glad that today is a break in the heat in the northeast? Are you glad the Olympics are FINALLY  starting this week?! TELL ME ABOUT IT!

102 days until the ING NYC MARATHON!!!....EEK! Almost 100 days!

2 comments:

Kimberly Hoban, R.D. said...

I'm glad it was 70 degrees and breezy this morning for my run! And by the way, where did you get those berries?! YUM!

ProGait Gait Analysis Manchester said...

You did so well considering the heat - well done!!