Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Two a Day Tuesday III

This was the face of me trying to smile after running close to a mile in heels: (Mr. Miller looks cute though!!!)Today was two a day Tuesday. Eek. It was rough. Yesterday I skipped a two mile run in place of a kick boxing class, zumbalates, and a mile round trip walk. Trying to cross train here people. So today, I was a bit sore. I snoozed...AGAIN. Going to these late night classes (getting home at 8 or 9) makes it DIFFICULT to wake up for a 5am workout! So, I opted for an afternoon 4 mile run...hello heartburn. That finally subsided, after a 20 minute power nap...that turned into a 30 minute lounge with the puppy and the Mr. It was nice to relax, but I didn't want to get up! I finally got my act together.

Workout #1: I ran 3.75 miles. I ran out of time before class, and I'm okay with that. It was a good run. I felt strong, and I think the pilates and yoga are helping me have way better form while running. Also, I may be imagining things, but I think I'm a bit more flexible. I want to be more flexible. I used to be able to bend over and flat hand my hands on the ground. Now? Fingertips? Not even. I have to bend the knees.

Workout #2: I did pilates. Rough stuff. There was a substitute instructor, and I figured it was going to be an easier class. NOPE. He was tough, yet super helpful with my form and pushing me to do just a little bit more. Ouch. I'm sore all over. Tomorrow: Barre Class take 2 and kick boxing take 2. We'll see how this goes. I'm pretty much doing two a days until Thursday. Trying to tone up for the big Cancun VACATION!

Taking classes can be hard for people like me. I'm strong, I can say that. I'm not a quitter, I can say that too. Taking classes exposes every weakness in you. It also makes you super self conscious when the person next to you is an expert and you're just trying to keep up. The Zumbalates instructor said something yesterday that rang true for me,

"This is a judgement free zone. Don't judge the people around you. Most importantly, don't judge the person in the mirror. You're your own worst critic. Don't put that on yourself."

I took that to heart today. Pilates is a huge challenge for me. My core, as I've said many times, is pretty weak. I'm trying to remedy that. These classes have made me fall into the "You stink" thoughts. I didn't do it today. I felt much more free to try, and when I couldn't do the "jack hammer" very well, I just tried again and moved on. Big steps ladies and gentlemen, big steps.

Cancun is so close. I have so many important things to do; go tanning, pack, get a pedicure, find my *good* sundresses, get a new bathing suit, I have to fit it all in! And I'm excited to fit it all in. This vacation is going to be ridiculously fun.

Do you get nervous in classes? TELL ME ABOUT IT!

Running and Cross training my way because it's...
14 days until Cancun and Winter Polka Dot Bikini!!!...this time in 2 weeks I'll be BEACH SIDE!
45 Days until the 13.1 NYC half marathon!!!

1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

Every time I start a new class I am nervous, then when I go regularly you see the other regulars and you feel like you finally fit in and you can do the moves a lot better then the first day. But yes I always get stuck to that person who seems to be an expert and you feel like a child next to them!

I LOVE pilates/core classes! They are my favorite, I am a weirdo like that. Not sure why, but I love them. Megan is not a fan of them and in revenge of making her do core stuff, she would make me go to cycling class. Talk about a killer class! I would do 4 hrs of core vs 1 of cycle!

I would recommend yoga if you have that class available to help with flexibility. The first 4-5 times it is hard to really focus and you laugh the whole time at the ridiculous moves and names, but once you get into it, you really do unwind and stress and can push your body so much! I think you would enjoy it! :)

I started tanning because I can't take paleness anymore, I felt like death!