Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Working out Wednesday...twice

Yesterday I got to run with my old running partner! She is dearly missed. She stopped in to my area to run with me! YIPPEE! Really though, the main purpose was for us to go to orientation for a cool charity group we're joining. So, we ran 3 miles, ate a quick healthy Chicken Pot Pie that was delicious, and got oriented with this charity org. It was an all around decent day. Sadly, no photo taken. We were rushing around!!!

Today, I finally got a two-a-day. YESSSSSS. 3.5 mile run at the gym this morning. It was almost 50 degrees on my way to the gym, so warm that I didn't need a hat! When I left for work two hours later, FREEZING. This weather has been so odd.

This afternoon, I did the Nike Training Club Circuit Challenge this afternoon. Hmmm. What's that I wonder?! Well, in case you didn't see my blog shouting from the rooftops that this is the best. app. ever, let me recap. Even if you don't have an iPhone, download it on iTunes. It's a FREE app that's as good as a personal trainer. Still not sold? Here's a sample of the workout I did, timed, with a voice counting me down, encouraging me etc:




So then I ate pizza. I really REALLY wanted pizza. Ugh. Not the best thing, even if I did a two a day. Then I remembered on the Biggest Loser how they made "pizza" the healthy way: using a tortilla instead of dough, lots of pizza sauce, oregano, garlic salt and crushed read pepper, measured out cheese...ok, maybe *I* added the pepperoni. Hey, a girls got to live a little. Anyway, it was delicious. Quick and easy dinner for a busy night:
Have you been cooking anything healthy and fabulous lately? TELL ME ABOUT IT! I love new recipes.

Running and Cross training my way because it's...
34 days until Cancun and Winter Polka Dot Bikini!!!
65 Days until the 13.1 NYC half marathon!!!

3 comments:

goetzgirl said...

Great job on your 2x day and that deeeee-licious looking pizza! :) High five!

Meg O @watchmegorun said...

wooo hooo! awesome 2 a day! That pizza looks yummy :)

Anna said...

Ok...so to answer your what have you been cooking question...we've been having a lot of soups lately...chalked full of veggies & whole grains (barley mostly)...chicken noodle, beef vegetable, dutch soup...make it as healthy or easy as you like! Plus, if you leave out the "soft" stuff then you can make a big pot & freeze it in portions for you & Bri then you just unfreeze & simmer long enough for the grains/pasta or whatever you add to cook! Quick for busy nights:)