Saturday, January 7, 2012

No hat, no gloves, NO PROBLEM!

...and no running tights too! Because, in case you hadn't heard from the entire tri-state area:January short shorts. Never thought I'd say that! I wore some of my favorite warm weather clothing and headed out. It was PERFECTION in weather form! I was almost too warm in a short sleeve tee. HUH?! I'm still baffled. I ended up doing 4 miles at a 9:30/mile pace, which is really good for me since I was stopped a bit at cross walks and crowded sidewalks.
January sensory oddities were messing with my head. I kept seeing people in winter jackets and scarves. HELLO!? It's 60 degrees! It made me hotter just looking at them! When I arrived to the park, it was Christmas tree recycling day. I was oddly greeted by the strongest smell of Christmas trees...so this must be what it's like to have a warm weather Christmas! Then, there were the seagulls. Hello, it's JANUARY! Not beachy time birdies!
January Al fresco lunch. It was technically too late for brunch, so we'll call it lunch! Lambeau Puppy got to come!!! We had the best time with my work wife Ms. S and her sissy. Lambeau Puppy was on sensory overload and met a few nice puppies along the way!!!
January puppy people watching. Lambeau puppy was thrilled to sit outside and people watch. Just look at that watchful eye...

So pretty much, no hat, no gloves, no problem! PLUS the forecast looks mighty fine this week. I may be in for some two a days...or simply bringing Lambeau puppy to the park a few times. Tomorrow I may have a running date with a certain blogger, CT4LIFE!

What did you do today?! Was the weather picture perfect for you as well? TELL ME ABOUT IT!

Running and Cross training my way because it's...
48 days until Cancun and Winter Polka Dot Bikini!!!
79 Days until the 13.1 NYC half marathon!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SO jealous! I would LOVE to live within running distance to Central Park! That would be my ultimate motivator to get out of bed, run and do some people watching!

Meghan said...

It has been SO gorgeous lately! I love this running weather!