Thursday, January 12, 2012

Happy Rainy Thursday

Guess what brightened my day?! My official ING NYC Marathon Finisher certificate! It brought back some good memories.
Thanks Mary Wittenburg for adding a personal note. She's so sweet. We're best friends really. Please note the "DO NOT BEND" advice at the bottom of my envelope...it was basically folded in half in my mailbox. I do believe I will be writing our mail carrier a note tomorrow. This was a nice reminder to come home to. I didn't feel like running today. I finally got 3 miles in this afternoon. I felt sluggish, lazy, and tired. I kept thinking, even before I got this gift in the mail, "How did I do marathon training during the school year?!" or "I used to do 8, 9, or 10 miles mid week after school! How did that happen successfully?!" Being a Finisher is what drove me. Finishing my fundraising. Finishing my training. Finishing my marathon. I miss it. Hope to go back to it soon.

It was a RAINY day. I woke up at 5am to COLD temps, wind and cold rain. I opted to stay in bed for an extra hour. My throat has been obnoxiously scratchy, and I'm venturing to say it's allergies. Regardless, going into the cold and being wet does not bode well when I'm coughing and feeling nauseous from post nasal drip (TMI? Nah. Real life.). Then, the unthinkable happened: Mr. Miller's alarm was on SILENT, so I woke up, startled and flustered, at 6:42am....42 minutes past my normal wake up! Thankfully, after a series of crazy events, my carpool buddy and I showed up to work with 20 minutes to spare. God is good.
I found my running jacket Christmas gift! Mr. Miller had a mysterious half a bag of clean laundry hidden on his side of the bed. It held so many treasures! My favorite sweatshirt, my favorite long sweater, and this beauty from my Miller-In-Laws! The pockets zip shut...hands down the best feature! Keys! Gu! Even my fuel belt water bottle! Win win all around. I also HAD to wear my Finisher hat today a) because it was drizzling and b) OBVIOUSLY because I got that fabulous piece of mail today. I really don't like this picture. Mr. Miller needs to stand up for photo taking from now on!!!

How's your running weather? TELL ME ABOUT IT! We went from 60 degrees last Saturday to nasty 45, cold and raining today. 30's are the high this weekend. Bring it on winter running, bring it on.

Running and Cross training my way because it's...
40 days until Cancun and Winter Polka Dot Bikini!!!
71 Days until the 13.1 NYC half marathon!!!

4 comments:

Meghan said...

Congrats on the official finisher certificate! Are you going to frame it??? :)

It just snowed a ton in Chicago, so it's back to the treadmill for me!

Melanie said...

loving your blog :)
-your newest follower

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Sure hope you are going to frame that certificate!! It deserves a place on your wall!

Nice running sweater! Glad you found it.

Kristin W said...

So exciting getting your certificate! What a great way to brighten your day :)