Friday, September 23, 2011

Where oh where has Mrs. Miller gone?!

This is going to be short and sweet because I literally have no leisure time afforded to me. This week began the process of getting my teaching tenure portfolio reviewed. I presented it, and I was promptly told to change, well, EVERYTHING about it. So, running, for the first time in my training, has taken a back seat. This is currently my life:Excel graphs + 3 years of data = a headache ridden Mrs. Miller.

NYC has adopted a new criteria for tenure; you are no longer nominated and approved based on your observations by a principal that knows you. You have to prove with data, graphs, student work, and reflection how you've helped students grow. Then I have to combine it into a beautiful binder and ship it off to a superintendent who has never met me, and probably never will. I hope she likes it. Since this is the first year of this new method, I obviously didn't know I should keep 3-4 years of student work in a stock pile. Oops.

Insert stress here.

So, here is a list of things I haven't done this week:
  • I haven't looked at a marathon countdown. I will do that in two minutes at the conclusion of this blog entry and then promptly freak out.
  • I haven't run all my training runs; I've literally done one 4.5 mile run this week. I did 16 miles last Friday. A personal distance record. Am I proud? Well, the run sucked. But I finished.
  • I haven't cooked in 4 days.
  • I haven't done the dishes in 4 days.
  • I haven't blogged in for.ev.er.
  • I haven't talked to my family in a week.
  • I haven't thought about the vacation I've been planning for February break in a week.
  • I haven't read any runner's blog except Ali's because she is running the Hampton's Marathon this weekend! HER FIRST! Go Ali. She's an inspiration.
  • I haven't been a good wife with house work.
  • I haven't been a good friend with "Hey what's up" text and phone calls.
  • I haven't gotten more than 6 hours of sleep in the past week. A no-no in Mrs. Miller's world of 8 solid hours every. night.
  • I haven't been able to sleep well past 4am. I wake up intermittently with anxiety.
  • I haven't read my Bible. A friend posted a Bible verse on Facebook just as I was calling it a night last night (1am) and it was my FAVORITE verse of all time. Needed that. Thanks.
  • I haven't worked less than a 12 hour day this week.
Oh. My. Gosh.

43 days until the ING NYC Marathon.

2 comments:

Meg O @watchmegorun said...

Wow you busy lady. Congrats for still doing 12 miles today!

Tricia said...

super busy wow