Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Strength. Core. Ugh.


MY. CORE. IS. WEEEEEEEAK.

I did 10 minutes on the elliptical at a 10-12 resistance, and then did the following exercises in circuit form. Quick rotations. Lots of running in place/aerobic knee hikes in between.

Here are some of the things I did today:
Double leg circles; you start with legs straight up and make a HUGE circle with your toes pointed. The lower you go, the more ouch you get.
Arm dips. Yup. Take that triceps.
Did this with a 10lb circle weight. Planet Fitness doesn't have Kettlebells. Boo you PF. Yea for $10/month.
I channeled my inner Jillian Michaels. 25lb weight circle rotations over my head. Thanks to the only guy making it in this circuit.
12.5lb tricep dips. These hurt.


Weighted lunges. 12.5lbs.

Wall sits 25 seconds each with 12.5lbs weights above my head. This would have been a better weight position I'm sure!
Jumping squats! A new form of torture surely to induce vomiting at the gym!

I call these ab explosions; it's pilates. You gather up like this, then drop your appendages while contracting. Ab explosion, literally.

No comments: