Thursday, June 30, 2011

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall...



Humpty Dumpty had a great fall...

All the cracks and crooked cement,

contributed to Kristin's tragic descent.


Yup.


The cement owned me at 6am.


I was setting out on a fantastically cool morning for a 5 mile run, and my toe nicked some uneven sidewalk. Now, of course, my right arm was ready to catch my fall, but since I seemed to CATAPULT to the left, I skidded onto the graytop and scraped up my left arm pretty badly (mid forearm to just above my elbow). Yea, think about that for a minute....


I don't know how it happened either.


But you can be DARN STRAIGHT that I will be more aware on my drowsy first mile from now on. Thankfully my body is not too sore, but I have a horrible burning sensation on my arm at all times.


And no, no one was around. Oddly so. It was almost eery.


Brian told me I'm a real runner now. Thanks honey. (He also dragged himself from his slumber to assist in the clean up of tears, errr uhhh, I mean my injury.)


In CT for the weekend, so I'm hoping to make up some country miles and cross train (pool and bike). Also, I start SUMMER SCHOOL next week! I hope I can make it exciting for the kids. I'm crafting this weekend with my nieces, maybe I'll post if we, aka my niece, allows me to share her genius.


Official training starts July 4!!! I can't wait!!! I will run, walk, crawl, or even fall across that finish line.


128 days until the ING NYC Marathon!!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Glad you are okay!! Have a great 4th and happy training!!