Tuesday, May 31, 2011

What Do You Run For?


This video totally amped me up today. I run for wellness: well·ness/ˈwelnis/
Noun: The state or condition of being in good physical and mental health: "stress affects every aspect of wellness


If you want to be part of changing the lives of children around the world, please scroll down to my previous post. In case you didn't catch it, I'm running the ING NYC Marathon for Team World Vision, finding sponsors to revolutionize the lives of impoverished children.

Training has been super consistent. I've gotten in all my long runs, strength training, cross training, etc. I need to work in some speed work, but it's so darn hot! 90's all weekend equaled sweaty me.

We spent the holiday weekend with my family in CT. I got in runs on Sunday and Monday. Here is what I noticed about running in the country vs. running in the city

Country: dead animals EVERYWHERE on the side of the road
City: Avoid flying pigeons at all costs.
Country: sprinklers are the BEST! Run through them! Instantly cooled off!
City: Avoid water dripping from ac units at all costs.
Country: The HILLS are alive with the sound of running...yea, complete hill immersion.
City: Go to the park or a bridge to find some version of hills.

Where do you run? Why do you run? Good questions to ask at the start of racing season!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I run so that I can eat WHATEVER I desire, haha. I'm so proud of you and everything you've accomplished Kris!! I miss you girlfriend
-Heath