Wednesday, October 13, 2010

New Leaf for fall

First things first: Packers family photo. Packers, step up your game. For goodness sake, STEP. UP. YOUR. GAME. (I hope everyone can see Lambeau has a fab jersey!!!)


So I wrote my "comeback from runner's depression" post, and I've acted on it.

Saturday: 3 mile run
Sunday: 5.5 mile run
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: 3 mile treadmill run (Incline variation)
Wednesday: (Morning) 1 mile elliptical 40 minutes weight training / (Afternoon) 3 mile run

...I'd say that's pretty darn good! Some personal growth that I've seen this week that has made a difference:

I finally feel good about getting up at 5am (eek). I'm ok with that.

I finally feel like when the over 10:00/mile signal beeps on my Garmin (S-L-O-W), I'm ok with that too.

I finally feel that at 5am, 3 miles will settle for an attempted 4 mile run. I'm ok with that also.

This is a step in the right direction. This is a step back to "I love working out", rather than "I have to work out". With a positive attitude, results are sure to follow (Evidence: Danny, winner of Biggest Loser two seasons ago, had the best attitude EVERRRRRR).

Second half of the week is going to be killer.

Let's do this.

2 comments:

Jeri said...

Great job on getting back in to the running scene. Of course i l-o-v-e the Packers family photo. I've already decided that at some point in my life, I will do a photo shoot with a newborn (presumably mine :p) perched in a cheesehead. Can't wait. Ok, I TOTALLY can wait. :p

Melanie Van Wynsberg said...

Don't get stressed! You have the runners drive, you will get back into your groove. I got out of the groove as well ;/ and now I'm trying to pick up the pace for a run coming up soon. I'm opting out of the 10k and will be doing the 5k instead.

You can do it girl! You had to start somewhere before as well. :)