Sunday, October 10, 2010

I've wanted to write about a lot of things...

So much has gone on in the past month and a half, and there were many events to document. Some of them included:

Vacation with my family...
Kayaking with Brian in VA Beach and experiencing a dolphin playing with us for 10 minutes:
Disney with teacher friends:

Epcot:
My battle with Minnie:
Sister and family visiting us for lunch in Little Italy:
Hanging out with my niece and nephew in Times Square:

But what is absent from this list of pictures is any race pictures.

Not one.

Fooey.

While on vacation at the end of August, I realized how far behind in training I really was due to knee and foot injuries. This was a hard pill to swallow. My "trainer", childhood friend and accomplished marathon runner, advised that a marathon would not be fun for the untrained.

Duh.

I had to take the wisdom and accept that I would not be running the Hartford Marathon. It was very disappointing to say the least.

Then the running ceased.

I couldn't get the energy to run. I tried and tried. I started teaching again. I went to Disney. I got sick with a cold. Stayed sick for a couple of weeks. I am tutoring two days a week. I. Am. BUSY.

Too busy?

No.

That's why, for the past two weeks, I have been slowly getting back into a work out routine. 3 days a week I have done SOMETHING to exercise, not just run.

Yesterday was my potential marathon day. I felt bad for myself, sad, upset. And then my husband told me to "suck it up you'll do another one, stop wallowing!" (This was after all the niceties that didn't do any good with my complaining...). So I sucked it up. I stopped wallowing. I Ran. I signed up for my Thanksgiving race. It felt good to get something concrete to aim for.

So, here I am. My miles have been depleted. My aerobic breathing is crappy.

But I will run. And run. And run. Past defeat and disappointment. I will run because I love it.

I run to run.

1 comment:

Kim said...

YAY!! It's always easier when you have a goal in mind. If you want, as said before, there will be a marathon. And I can't wait to hear all about it!