Monday, June 1, 2009

I wish I had a pool...

Running 6 miles in the concrete jungle of NYC and running in the suburbs of CT is so different...yesterday, after 6 miles I jumped into the (freezing) pool with all my running clothes on...I reall felt like fainting I was so hot! Then today I had no relief but a shower. Ugh. Standing when tired is not fun! Thankfully I think my body is recovering; sore ankles aren't so sore and knee is holding up really well! icy/hot has been a lifesaver; it smells icky but is soooooooooo relieving and great! But yes, 6 miles today and yesterday felt amazing. I begin summer session classes for my master's tomorrow, which consists of 5hrs a night Tuesday and Thursday for 4 weeks. I can make it. I know I can. I think I can...we'll see.

By the way, did I mention I'm running a 10k on Sunday? Well, I am. My friend Haeme is coming from NJ and my friend Laurie from NYC are also running in it. It's the oldest "all women's race" in NYC, pretty cool to run in it. I get the goody bags Friday...I wonder what they'll hold?!?!

Question: What would be your ideal goody bag?Mine: Almonds, chapstick, astroglide, chocolate, a tshirt, bumper sticker, and a bottle of water (for the train ride back to my apartment after picking it up!)

2 comments:

KT said...

I don't know if you know who I am (Katie-Mark S. wife from Elim Fellowship)....but I have enjoyed reading your blog...as I am running a lot too these days. I have decided to train for a marathon...if my body holds up. You have a lot of good info. that has been great to read...and you are inspiring...as I read your blog a month or two ago when I was starting to get back into running! So just wanted to say thanks! =) I am tracking my running on my blog too...if you want to check it out! And, tell Brian I said hi!

Anna said...

Nice...good luck in the race, I'm sure it will be a breeze for you. I'm having trouble with allergies and breathing while I run...my 5K is in 23 days...so I still have some work to do...but hopefully it gets better as we go! I'm so not as cool as you with the goodie bag & all...but you know...maybe some day I'll get there!