Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Weddings are fun....

This is from Jenn (formerly Cavallaro) Chappell's wedding! I was thinking today about how fun weddings are. This is Amanda and her fiance James. James and Brian became BFF at this wedding. They went on a hunt at this country club for golf balls, this picture is proof that they were successful! Hahaha.

OFFICIAL WEDDING DATE: DECEMBER 20!
So. We got a place!!! Deposit is in, it's all coming together. There are some more details that OBVIOUSLY have to be attended to, but right now we're contemplating honeymoon sites: Hawaii, Mexico, DR, Puerto Rico, etc. Just trying to see the best bang for our buck! We are also going to a wedding this weekend up in Rochester. Matt Drake and Danielle O'Grady are getting married, Yea! It's fun to go and get ideas.

Running has been hard the past few days. Anyone see Sex in the City? Well, if not, I don't want to ruin it, but for those who have, I feel like Charlotte when she lost her stride. It's not like I stopped running, I was a little more relaxed the last week of school because I was so busy, but now it's a STRUGGLE! It's because I have a cold or allergies; really bad cough, slight nasal congestion, sore throat...not good for running! But WebMD says running through sickness is good because it boosts your immune system. So I'm trying! I've done 3-4 for mile runs Saturday, Monday, Tuesday and today, and they did NOT go well...had to stop and walk for a minute quite a few times! It's just frustrating for me because I NEVER stop running...I just need to be like Charlotte and get my stride back!

Working at the restaurant has been hysterical. I'm the most bubbly happy person! Not only because I'm engaged and SO excited, but I'm really content in life. Working at the restaurant, because it's not my full time source of income, is relaxing and fun. Knowing that I have a salaried job to go back to in the fall is priceless. I don't have time to get sick of either one! (With school there are so many breaks!!!) But God has really blessed me lately with good shifts I'm really trusting him to provide what I need when I need it.

Off to search for wedding things; yesssssss! Any hints or advice anyone has for me I will GLADLY take!!!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey girl we went to DR and the price was perfect most of the resorts there are all inclusive so you don't have to pay for anything once you get there. The flight is only 3hrs. and the american dollar goes a long way there.... beautiful

Rachel said...

I would definitely suggest a Royal Caribbean Cruise! It's the best way to see sites and also have all your meals paid for. I bet they have some awesome packages, and they have 3, 5, or 7 day cruises pretty inexpensive! It's pretty much all inclusive,and they have fun excursions (horseback riding, snorkeling,etc) Check it out! www.royalcarribbean.com

I hope I can go to the Wedding...my OB may not let me go because I'll be about 35 weeks preggy...that would make me so sad! Love you...talk to you soon..
-Rae and baby

Sarah said...

So we stayed at Paradisus Palma Real it was one of the more expensive ones but money well spent. We booked through Apple Vacations and by doing that you get a rate gaurantee if the rates go down at all they adjust your package and if they go up your locked in, it also makes it that your airfare is included. we went for 10 days... and with everything airfare, shuttle, we stayed royal conceirge(sp?) it was right around $3,000 I think and Apply will give you little vaouchers that you can send in your bridal party invites that way people can pay part of it as a gift. Our package included a 3 room suite, all meals and drinks (they had very nice resturants.. italian, japaneese, and some others, an open air lunch resturant, free room service, you could attend all of the nightly activities. go to www.paradisuspalmareal.com and look at the resort it was lovely.I think we might go back again in the spring..... if you need any other info let me know

Anna said...

We went to the DR - it was AWESOME! Two weeks on a resort...for cheap. Everything was all inclusive & we found a package that included airfare...(I think we paid $1900 for everything)! it was great. Also, if you need favor boxes/bags etc (depending on what you do) check out oriental trading company...it looks like kid stuff, but the wedding boxes are great & easy to use...and if you need anything else, please call!!! Can I come to the wedding? Please?

Dani said...

Hey Kristen,

Josh and I went to Punta Cana in the DR also. The resort was all inclusive and it was $2000 total including flights and like Sarah said, it was a quick flight for 8 days (that was 3 years ago) but we just went to Jamaica also for 7 days and paid $1890 total including flights, but I would recommend the DR before I recommended Jamaica- We stayed at the Occidental Allegro in Punta Cana-go through a travel agent!!We booked through Travel Pleasers- I know you are in Queens, but these people are by far the best. I booked my honeymoon with Liberty travel but they are more expensive than Travel Pleasers- If you want the # Let me know..They can mail you everything you need, you don't even have to go see them! They can get you a great deal. ESPECIALLY in the month you are getting married! Good luck :-)

Christina said...

WHAT>?!?!? i am soooo behind the times, you are getting married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sooooo happpppppppy fo ryou two, i love you 2, and you 2 as a couple is UNSTOPABLE.... so happy for you, honest.... december sounds beautiful... We need to catch up, life is so crazy... i;m 36wks pregnant now, yikes, getting close!! love to you both... Christia

. said...

ok... because everyone is giving their 2 cents, I will too!! We own time share, and because we live and work where we do ;] we haven't taken the weeks and used them, instead we have been giving them away for ridiculous amounts less.... ($650 for one week) to honeymooners like you. That does not include flights but you can go anywhere in the world!! We just had friends use it in May and they could not believe how amazing everything was... they had their own private pool, Jacuzzi, everything was marble... I think they went to some place north of Cancun.... anyway if you want details, call me. We went on a cruise and LOVED it... it was from California to Vancouver. We had such fun doing something "different".

Sarah said...

I would have loved to come to your wedding! Unfortunately living half way across the country and not having any close friends with private jets hinders me from doing so! Stupid gas prices! We were going to try and fly home for Thanksgiving and I think even that is going to be too expensive to do this year since they hike everything up around the holidays. If it wasn't for the distance thing I would totally be there in a heartbeat! I guess I could start walking now and get there in time. :)And as far as advice...definitely get something all inclusive! It is GREAT and then you don't have to think of prices during the trip and you can fully enjoy EVERYTHING!! :) I think our favorite thing was to go up to the bar and try every drink combination possible "sin alcohol" (without alcohol) The Margaritas and Pina Coladas were my favorite! Of course the bartender always gave us a dirty/confusing look but that made it more fun anyway!