Thursday, June 5, 2008

Tell me a story a riddle or a rhyme...

Tell me a story once upon a time...that's a song from some children's movie or something. I can't remember where it was from. Well, I thought of it today because I was in professional development all day today, and it was with a FABULOUS author/editor. She gave a monologue pretty much, told a story, but was so animated and deomonstrative that it was enrapturing. She told the story of going into the library and reading her first book; Charlotte's Web. Now, I totally identified because I LOVE books and have always adored going to the library (I still go once a week). She also encouraged us as authors; to write stories, how to write stories, how to get them published etc. It was like the workshop was made for me! I sat there and came up with 25 possible book subjects while listening and thinking. I'm really going to pursue this, even though it's a challenging feat to accomplish and time consuming, but I've always wanted to write, and I feel like I got a glimpse of the how's what's and why's today. The second half of the day was quite boring and I was dying because....

Yesterday was my first college class! 5 hours of sitting in a seat! And then more sitting today! OMG it was so awful, my butt was numb! We had a 20 minute break at 10am and I took a walk because I felt so lazy! And since I had to meet my friends from the Fellowship whom I haven't seen in a MONTH, I only got a 35 minute work out in today. SO SAD! I can't wait for the weekend, it's going to be 90! I'm hoping to go to the beach.

What was your favorite book as a child? Mine was Little Women, followed by Anne of Green Gables, and then the American Girl books. (I had the Molly doll!)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I had the MOlly doll as well!